Are you interested in going to Science Works in Melbourne, but you are wondering if you can still enjoy with a baby or young children?
The answer is yes!
I was pleasantly surprised on our visit to Science Works last week that they cater for parents with babies, toddlers, and young children as well as teenagers!
The week that we went was actually “Science Week”, so there were alot of schools visiting with teenage kids. So I actually was worried if my kids could still enjoy as they are only 6 and 4 years old. But after walking through some of the exhibits, we found the kids play room!
- Kids play room – The kids play room was awesome and well suited for babies from crawling to walking, as well as toddlers and young children. Even my 6 year old son enjoyed this kids room, especially the air-machine which sucked up little toys and spat them back out again in the middle. Haha. See the video below to see it in action!
- Playgrounds – There are LOTS of playgrounds outside in the enclosed yard! There was a pirate ship, climbing equipment, as well as a train for all the kids to play on. The Science Works is quite dark inside, so it is very nice to be able to go outside and play in the daylight afterwards.
- Baby room – there is a baby room in the basement level which has diaper change tables, nursing chair, microwave and hot water. So it well catered for mothers with infants.
- Food – there is a cafeteria at the Science Works which has bananas and apples, as well as other foods. I recommend to bring healthy snacks with you to eat in the playground area with your kids, but if you forget (like me! haha) th
- Name: Science Works
- Address: 2 Booker St, Spotswood VIC 3015
- Diaper change tables: Yes
- Nursing room: Yes (including microwave and hot water)
- Kids play area: Yes
- Playgrounds: Yes
- Cafeteria: Yes
- Stroller-friendly: Yes
- Google map link
- Website link